Those Who Care

If you really care for your friends and family, you will prepare yourself to care for your own needs and have a little extra for those less fortunate.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

What Happened to Our Garden?


It has rained, or snowed, almost every day for over a month here.  Where it didn't rain there was cloud cover.  Our poor garden!  I was careful to only plant what could handle snow so we didn't lose anything but, I couldn't get into the garden to weed.  Finally the sun came out while I was gone for a week and everything went crazy, especially the weeds.





I spent the morning cleaning up just two rows as I'm recovering from food poisoning, picked up on my trip.  It looks a lot better though.


This is the first year for this garden.  Last February it was a jungle of willows and wild roses.  My husband worked so hard to clear all those roots out but there are still quite a few!  But after we cleared the land we found beautiful soil, the result of many years of leaves composting.  We.  have great hopes for the harvest.  Now the challenge is to clear the weeds so I can plant the warm season crops.  Here's hoping for another beautiful day tomorrow.  Just a little every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment